- First download putty (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html)
- You can usually find the APs in your dhcp server because the last few digits of the MAC will be after the underscore in the hostname
- Start an ssh session to the AP via the ip (Username: admin Password: aerohive)
- Type in “reset config”
- Clear any previous hivemanager settings via running: no hivemanager
- Then run: hivemanager [insert hive manager domain name as seen in address bar when you login to HMOL] primary
*example: hivemanager hm-useast51-25.aerohive.com primary
- Then run: show capwap client
- verify that "hive manager primary name" lists the domain name you just typed and that the "CAPWAP server ip" resolves to an ip
- keep running the above command until the "run state" displays "connected securely to the CAPWAP server"
- Now we need to set the Virtual Hive Manager Name manually
- According to the tech the "vhm" is the name of the hive manager account and the following command IS case sensitive.
*in my case the command was: capwap client vhm ClientSiteName
- The tech said there is not an easy way to find this VHM name but I saw this name when you click "myhive" once you're logged in and in the top right it says "welcome ClientSiteName"