The bat file that has "disable" in parenthesis will undo the changes to the registry after you have finished installing the connector.
If you skip joining the domain, the following areas will be impacted:
- All features that require that you be joined to the domain will not be available, including domain credentials, Group Policy, and VPN.
- Any third-party add-ons and applications that require that you join the domain will not be working properly.
- Skipping domain joining in an off-premises client deployment is not supported.
- This solution is only supported on the following Windows client versions:
To skip joining the domain during a client deployment
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- On your client computer, go to Start and search for command prompt "cmd".
- In the search results, find cmd.exe and run as administrator.
- Type the following command prompt:
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Server\ClientDeployment" /v SkipDomainJoin /t REG_DWORD /d 1
- Complete the steps on the Connect Computers to the Server Help topic.